Wednesday, August 22, 2007
What I'm trying to say...
It's August and I'm so weary of all these debates. We're over a year away from the '08 elections and I'm being asked to pick sides. Why do I have to pick one agenda over another? Why can't I be pro-choice and for a strong defense? Why should I give a damn about a $400 haircut? Why do I have to be a Democrat or a Republican? Why can't I just be an American? I feel like Stretch Armstrong. I'm sick of being disregarded. I'm going to ask why a lot. I'm going to try to make sense of this madness. There has to be a middle ground out there. There has to be a place where it's not simply black or white. I'll try to post on a regular basis or when there's an event that just triggers the switch. But there has to be a group out there that feels like they're between the proverbial rock and hard place. I may be it. But there has to be someone out there who feels we got screwed by sending our guys to Iraq and we can't equip them properly on a $60 billion annual budget. Someone has to be alarmed by a national debt fast approaching 8 trillion dollars. Someone has to be sick of all the attention lavished on these washed up twenty somethings who don't add anything tangible to life. Someone has to be sick everytime the TV guys try to make it a racial issue. How did the line go in "Network" -- I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!!! Well, I'm mad as hell so I'm going to write about it. Until the next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment